User Name:

Password:

Remember Me?

FFLivewire Forums: Ravens @ Broncos - FFLivewire Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Ravens @ Broncos Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Portis26 Icon

  • 5000 post club
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11792
  • Joined: 08-December 05

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

Broncos playoff wins...
Tebow 1
Manning 0

Lol
0

#2 User is offline   dagame Icon

  • I officially have no life!!!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4866
  • Joined: 11-December 05

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Absolutely disgusting. Is there a bigger playoff choker than Manning?
0

#3 User is offline   Flipper Icon

  • Oh ... I'm Versatile ...
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4685
  • Joined: 27-December 05

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

View Postdagame, on 13 January 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Absolutely disgusting. Is there a bigger playoff choker than Manning?


Maybe. I would like to say that I totally expected this game to bu an under and with the Ravens only covering. I expected the weather to have an impact but what the hell do I know. And to the point on Manning being a choker ... I blame the coaches for not letting him throw on some of those late game downs. Without Moreno he should have pushed the Ravens onto their heels. Questionable calls.
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." - Thomas Jefferson
0

#4 User is offline   Aargyle Icon

  • InSaNe SnowcaTT!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12943
  • Joined: 20-February 08
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Shocked disbelief.

For three and a half quarters, I was SWEARING that the refs were trying to get Baltimore to win. The first pass-interference comes when feet get entangled on third down--Broncos had Ravens stopped, and the refs gave a terrible call to extend the drive that ended up in a TD. No TD, no OT, no loss.

From then on, the refs SWALLOWED their whistles, letting the Ravens rape the broncos receivers. The first Manning INT bounced off his WR that had a Raven draped all over him before the ball made it there. The calls really, really went against the Broncos.

The end of the first half-long bomb TD, burning Champ on the right side for the second time. Let's see...you've already seen an old Bailey can't keep up with their young WR, and you don't give him help AGAIN? At the end of the half, when the ball can only go deep? After half, Fox comes out and says "well, we want to keep Flacco throwing left, because he's worse that way." So WHY THE HELL aren't you putting your safety help to the right every time? Give some help out there!

The last half of the 4th I started worrying about my initial worries about Manning and Fox. When we hired Fox, I remembered the FFLW fan (can't remember name now, he hasn't been around for a couple years?) that was the hardcore Carolina fan and had "Not going to games until they fire Fox" sig going on. Run/Run/Run as your second-to-last possession? Manning is, you know, pretty good. Let him throw for the first down to seal the game maybe? KNEEL DOWN with thirty seconds, and a field goal kicker that can hit from long distance? Fox didn't even want to win, this was the most timid playoff calling I've ever seen.

I asked my wife in the 4th--have we seen Manning throw beyond 15 yards the entire game? They may have kneeled down because Manning can't throw down field, and that makes me nervous for the next year or two. Also, typical Manning behavior: Get the bye, lose immediately in the cold; this was my worry, and it came to pass. The first two turnovers were pretty iffy, that third one was all on Manning--was he trying to hard? There is another OT period, you know that right Peyton? Why are you throwing across your body?

End of the 4th quarter:
Ravens HAVE to have a TD to tie.
Ravens ALREADY burned you deep at the end of the 2nd.

WHAT IS THAT GUY DOING BEHIND YOUR COVERAGE?!?

I screamed out an obscene phrase, my 2.8 year old is starting to have fun imitating what we say and I'm usually really careful about that--he thought it was lots of fun to try to repeat daddy's phrase. My wife understood: How do you let them behind you? What....WHAT THE FU....

Unbelievable. Stunned disbelief. Tebow making it was just gravy, didn't think it was going anywhere. I didn't think we could beat NE (even in Denver), but we had the #1 seed, the bye, a huge point spread...I though we could walk into the championship week easily.

So much for streaks/hotness being important. Broncos/Redskins/Seahawks all quickly bounced.

I don't really like another AFC team, GB/Seattle are my favorite NFC teams. I hardly noticed their losses, so disappointed after the Denver loss. I haven't been this upset by football in a long, long time.
************************************************
"The Spring brings Cherry Blossoms to comfort you.
The Summer, stars.
The Harvest moon in the fall.
And the powder snow in winter.
All these things, and the promise of them,
is what makes Sake taste so sweet.
That is enough for Sake to taste good.
If it still repels you, then you must be ill."
----Hiko Seijuro
************************************************
0

#5 User is offline   yoman Icon

  • 5000 post club
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7264
  • Joined: 10-December 05
  • LocationWhereabouts Unknown

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

You'll get over it Aargyle. I was rooting for the Broncos and I would imagine that their loss would be a tough as a fan! They definitely should have won but didn't for some of the reasons you mentioned above. I also agree about PMs arm strength. It looked weak which makes makes it extra peculiar that he would try to throw across his body. That diving catch by Stokely was great but it should have been a routine catch had Peyton made a normal throw. After watching this game I don't know if I want McCoy as the next Bears head coach. I wouldn't rule him out but I don't think he called a great game.

At least your team made it to the playoffs! :cheers:
0

#6 User is offline   Aargyle Icon

  • InSaNe SnowcaTT!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12943
  • Joined: 20-February 08
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

MMQ

Quote

And while we're at it, Denver coaches, you've got 3rd-and-7 at your 47 at the two-minute warning. Baltimore's out of timeouts. You've got one of the greatest third-down-conversion quarterbacks ever, with two tight ends he trusts implicitly. And you run your third tailback into the middle of the line? Seriously? Then, with 31 seconds and two timeouts left at your 20, the game now tied, Manning kneels? Double seriously? I'm serious: Either Peyton Manning was injured and the Broncos told no one, or that's Coaching Negligence 101.

************************************************
"The Spring brings Cherry Blossoms to comfort you.
The Summer, stars.
The Harvest moon in the fall.
And the powder snow in winter.
All these things, and the promise of them,
is what makes Sake taste so sweet.
That is enough for Sake to taste good.
If it still repels you, then you must be ill."
----Hiko Seijuro
************************************************
0

#7 User is offline   Aargyle Icon

  • InSaNe SnowcaTT!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12943
  • Joined: 20-February 08
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

TMQ:

Quote

Single Worst Play of the Season -- So Far: Denver led 35-28 with 41 seconds remaining in regulation. Baltimore had third-and-3 on its own 30, out of timeouts. The Ravens needed 70 yards in 41 seconds without a timeout, against the league's second-ranked defense, on the road. The sole, single, only way the Broncos could blow the game would be to let a receiver get behind their secondary. And nobody's that stupid, right?

Denver rushed three, meaning eight to cover five receivers. Flacco was flushed from the pocket and stepped up as if to run. As backup receiver Jacoby Jones ran a fly -- exactly the pattern a defense should expect in this situation! -- the cornerback on his side, Tony Carter, just let him run by, covering no one. Carter was busy making the high school mistake of looking into the backfield trying to guess the play, rather than guarding his man. The high safety on that side, Rahim Moore, just let Jones run by. Moore was busy making the high school mistake of looking into the backfield trying to guess the play, rather than guarding his man.

From the standpoint of the Denver secondary, if Flacco ran for a first down, if he threw for 20 yards, so what? All the Denver secondary had to worry about was the long bomb. And the Denver secondary didn't cover the long bomb.

This was one of the worst downs any team has ever staged at any level of the sport. The Denver secondary badly botched the play; defensive coordinator Jack del Rio badly botched the play. Del Rio could have called timeout to make sure his charges understood to keep everything in front of them.

Just to prove it was no fluke, head coach John Fox botched what happened next. The Broncos took over on their 20 with 31 seconds remaining, holding two timeouts, needing a field goal to win. Peyton Manning is among the best quick-strike quarterbacks ever. Fox had him kneel. Fox made this mistake twice! At the end of the first half, Denver took possession on its 20 with 35 seconds remaining, holding all three timeouts. Fox had the Broncos jog to the locker room.

It will be a long, long time until an NFL team botches a good situation as badly as the Broncos botched theirs. Unless this happens again next weekend.

************************************************
"The Spring brings Cherry Blossoms to comfort you.
The Summer, stars.
The Harvest moon in the fall.
And the powder snow in winter.
All these things, and the promise of them,
is what makes Sake taste so sweet.
That is enough for Sake to taste good.
If it still repels you, then you must be ill."
----Hiko Seijuro
************************************************
0

#8 User is offline   U Dub Icon

  • I officially have no life!!!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3049
  • Joined: 28-July 06
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostAargyle, on 14 January 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Shocked disbelief.

For three and a half quarters, I was SWEARING that the refs were trying to get Baltimore to win. The first pass-interference comes when feet get entangled on third down--Broncos had Ravens stopped, and the refs gave a terrible call to extend the drive that ended up in a TD. No TD, no OT, no loss.

From then on, the refs SWALLOWED their whistles, letting the Ravens rape the broncos receivers. The first Manning INT bounced off his WR that had a Raven draped all over him before the ball made it there. The calls really, really went against the Broncos.

The end of the first half-long bomb TD, burning Champ on the right side for the second time. Let's see...you've already seen an old Bailey can't keep up with their young WR, and you don't give him help AGAIN? At the end of the half, when the ball can only go deep? After half, Fox comes out and says "well, we want to keep Flacco throwing left, because he's worse that way." So WHY THE HELL aren't you putting your safety help to the right every time? Give some help out there!

The last half of the 4th I started worrying about my initial worries about Manning and Fox. When we hired Fox, I remembered the FFLW fan (can't remember name now, he hasn't been around for a couple years?) that was the hardcore Carolina fan and had "Not going to games until they fire Fox" sig going on. Run/Run/Run as your second-to-last possession? Manning is, you know, pretty good. Let him throw for the first down to seal the game maybe? KNEEL DOWN with thirty seconds, and a field goal kicker that can hit from long distance? Fox didn't even want to win, this was the most timid playoff calling I've ever seen.

I asked my wife in the 4th--have we seen Manning throw beyond 15 yards the entire game? They may have kneeled down because Manning can't throw down field, and that makes me nervous for the next year or two. Also, typical Manning behavior: Get the bye, lose immediately in the cold; this was my worry, and it came to pass. The first two turnovers were pretty iffy, that third one was all on Manning--was he trying to hard? There is another OT period, you know that right Peyton? Why are you throwing across your body?

End of the 4th quarter:
Ravens HAVE to have a TD to tie.
Ravens ALREADY burned you deep at the end of the 2nd.

WHAT IS THAT GUY DOING BEHIND YOUR COVERAGE?!?

I screamed out an obscene phrase, my 2.8 year old is starting to have fun imitating what we say and I'm usually really careful about that--he thought it was lots of fun to try to repeat daddy's phrase. My wife understood: How do you let them behind you? What....WHAT THE FU....

Unbelievable. Stunned disbelief. Tebow making it was just gravy, didn't think it was going anywhere. I didn't think we could beat NE (even in Denver), but we had the #1 seed, the bye, a huge point spread...I though we could walk into the championship week easily.

So much for streaks/hotness being important. Broncos/Redskins/Seahawks all quickly bounced.

I don't really like another AFC team, GB/Seattle are my favorite NFC teams. I hardly noticed their losses, so disappointed after the Denver loss. I haven't been this upset by football in a long, long time.



I feel your pain buddy! I was a miserable prick the rest of the night. I can't remember the last time I felt like that/this over a football game :-/
Denver Broncos
NY Mets
Penn State
0

#9 User is offline   Football_Scooter Icon

  • needs a 40 second timeout for every BOTD
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12615
  • Joined: 25-May 06
  • LocationHayward, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Agree on all points. But - Manning's arm strength was not there. That's a fact. His balls lacked velocity. He was picked off because he though his arm was strong enough, and it was not. I don't know if he got hurt, or just broke down as the season went long and into the playoffs, but Manning lacks velocity.

Maybe he'll be better next year. Maybe his neck is causing more trouble than previously thought. But I read one article that broke down his passing over the last few games and apparently he rarely threw longer than 15 yards. And when he did, the balls lacked velocity.

The same thing that but him in the post season.

So while your ranting is accurate, that loss goes well beyond a couple of badly coached plays. They're not in that position without Manning throwing horrible interceptions on undetthrown balls that had no zip on them.

I'd be very concerned were I a Beoncos fan.
www.luckydoghotsauce.com
Food's Best Friend
0

#10 User is offline   Aargyle Icon

  • InSaNe SnowcaTT!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12943
  • Joined: 20-February 08
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostFootball_Scooter, on 24 January 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Agree on all points. But - Manning's arm strength was not there. That's a fact. His balls lacked velocity. He was picked off because he though his arm was strong enough, and it was not. I don't know if he got hurt, or just broke down as the season went long and into the playoffs, but Manning lacks velocity.

Maybe he'll be better next year. Maybe his neck is causing more trouble than previously thought. But I read one article that broke down his passing over the last few games and apparently he rarely threw longer than 15 yards. And when he did, the balls lacked velocity.

The same thing that but him in the post season.

So while your ranting is accurate, that loss goes well beyond a couple of badly coached plays. They're not in that position without Manning throwing horrible interceptions on undetthrown balls that had no zip on them.

I'd be very concerned were I a Beoncos fan.


View PostAargyle, on 14 January 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I asked my wife in the 4th--have we seen Manning throw beyond 15 yards the entire game? They may have kneeled down because Manning can't throw down field, and that makes me nervous for the next year or two.



I'm concerned.
************************************************
"The Spring brings Cherry Blossoms to comfort you.
The Summer, stars.
The Harvest moon in the fall.
And the powder snow in winter.
All these things, and the promise of them,
is what makes Sake taste so sweet.
That is enough for Sake to taste good.
If it still repels you, then you must be ill."
----Hiko Seijuro
************************************************
0

#11 User is offline   Football_Scooter Icon

  • needs a 40 second timeout for every BOTD
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12615
  • Joined: 25-May 06
  • LocationHayward, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Sorry for the typos. My phone is an asshole.
www.luckydoghotsauce.com
Food's Best Friend
0

Page 1 of 1


Edit Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users