Revis may hold out (again) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Aargyle Icon

• InSaNe SnowcaTT!
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Roto:

Darrelle Revis is unhappy with his contract, and didn't rule out the possibility of a holdout when speaking to reporters Monday.
"I just don't know," he said. "I'm not saying I am going to holdout. I'm not saying I'm not." Revis held out for over a month in 2010 before signing a four-year, $46 million extension. Only 26 and the NFL's the most dominant player at his position, Revis is upset after watching inferior Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan land huge contracts. He has plenty of leverage and likely won't be satisfied until he's the league's top-paid cornerback, perhaps by a large margin.

The Jets must have some cap space, they keep looking at RB's and what not. That space would be gone if they have to do something with Revis.
"The Spring brings Cherry Blossoms to comfort you.
The Summer, stars.
The Harvest moon in the fall.
And the powder snow in winter.
All these things, and the promise of them,
is what makes Sake taste so sweet.
That is enough for Sake to taste good.
If it still repels you, then you must be ill."
----Hiko Seijuro

#2 User is offline   chad@ffLiveWire Icon

• 5000 post club
  • Group: Root Admin
  • LocationWHERE IS IT COLD AS FOCK

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

what an idiot.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Portis26 Icon

• 5000 post club

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postchad@ffLiveWire, on 24 April 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

what an idiot.

Why? Everyone faults the player in these situations,, what bout the teams who overspend on inferior players? Thats where the finger should be pointed.

#4 User is offline   chad@ffLiveWire Icon

• 5000 post club

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostPortis26, on 24 April 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

what an idiot.

Why? Everyone faults the player in these situations,, what bout the teams who overspend on inferior players? Thats where the finger should be pointed.

He JUST signed a contact. He can't start whining and asking for new deals every time another player gets a larger deal. Just shut up and play ball. As a leader of a team you don't do this. It's not what inspires people.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Aargyle Icon

• InSaNe SnowcaTT!
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postchad@ffLiveWire, on 24 April 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostPortis26, on 24 April 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

what an idiot.

He JUST signed a contact. He can't start whining and asking for new deals every time another player gets a larger deal. Just shut up and play ball. As a leader of a team you don't do this. It's not what inspires people.

I'm kind of torn on how to feel. He did just sign, indicating he thought just two years ago he thought he was playing for a fair amount. How can he so suddenly feel that what he agreed to play for, he now shouldn't have to play for?

But I always lean towards the player, since you know many of the teams would cut these guys as soon as they get hurt, and the players have to look out for their own interests. There are lots of scenarios (sort of like Forte) where teams either don't shell out the money to the player that has earned it, they just "use up" the players good years and then spit them out to whichever team will sign them.

Certainly CB's that aren't as good as Revis are now getting more money than he is--but if every player held out every year when a "lesser" player was getting more money, we'd see tons of holdouts every year.
"The Spring brings Cherry Blossoms to comfort you.
The Summer, stars.
The Harvest moon in the fall.
And the powder snow in winter.
All these things, and the promise of them,
is what makes Sake taste so sweet.
That is enough for Sake to taste good.
If it still repels you, then you must be ill."
----Hiko Seijuro

#6 User is offline   Little Big Head Icon

• Draft Sniper
  • LocationMAINE

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

The contract he signed was front loaded. Now that he is getting the team friendly back end of it he's mad. I love Revis as a player, and he is so good it really puts the Jets in a tough spot, but I'm really turned off by his whining. At least wait until you are going into the last year of the contract before complaining. It's not like he didnt know what the terms of the deal were
LBH

IBL 2013

1.10A- Julio Jones
2.03A- Trent Richardson
3.10A- Lamar Miller
4.03A- Pierre Garcon
5.08A- Cecil Shorts
5.10B- Matt Ryan
7.10A-
8.03A-
9.10A-
11.10A
12.03A
13.10A
14.03A
14.03B
15.10A

#7 User is offline   Stalker711 Icon

• Resident Contrarian
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostLittle Big Head, on 24 April 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

The contract he signed was front loaded. Now that he is getting the team friendly back end of it he's mad. I love Revis as a player, and he is so good it really puts the Jets in a tough spot, but I'm really turned off by his whining. At least wait until you are going into the last year of the contract before complaining. It's not like he didnt know what the terms of the deal were

but thats the thing. He's out of the 'phat money' portion of the deal, and wants to be paid like that every year. This is a major problem with the NFL right now. If you backload a contract, the player never reaches the big money before he's forced to re-no the contract downward, or is cut. If they front load the money, the player is sniveling 1-2 years into the deal.

Revis = Ricky Henderson of the NFL

#8 User is offline   chad@ffLiveWire Icon

• 5000 post club

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostStalker711, on 25 April 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

View PostLittle Big Head, on 24 April 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

but thats the thing. He's out of the 'phat money' portion of the deal, and wants to be paid like that every year. This is a major problem with the NFL right now. If you backload a contract, the player never reaches the big money before he's forced to re-no the contract downward, or is cut. If they front load the money, the player is sniveling 1-2 years into the deal.

Revis = Ricky Henderson of the NFL

And the players usually want the front money - cause it's guaranteed - and NOW.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Edit Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users