FFLivewire Forums: Trading away the #1 overall - FFLivewire Forums

Page 1 of 1

Trading away the #1 overall

#1 User is offline   letsgoblue Icon

• Been fishing for a while
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

So I was offered Schaub, Blount, and the 9th overall pick for the number 1 overall pick. My current team is in my sig. My biggest need is at QB and I could use some help with my RBs as well, who knows where Benson ends up. I've always been a pretty big fan of Schaub but is he a better choice than Luck (or maybe RGIII) at this point in his career?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
QB: RGIII, Flacco, Cassel
WR: R. White, Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Royal, Braylon Edwards, Jacoby Ford, Randy Moss
RB: Cedric Benson, Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu, Bernard Scott, Deangelo Williams, Lamar Miller, Evan Royster, Vic Ballard
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Moeaki, Ed Dickson
K: Rob Bironas
Def: Philly, Dallas

non ppr, 6 points for all TDs

#2 User is offline   Rholio Icon

• Lions fan... no, it's not easy
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Tough to give up the #1 overall, but Schaub and Blount would both be starters for you. Neither are going to be top 5 at their position, but there's no guarantee Richardson will be either.

I'd take the deal... 1.09 can still land you a decent WR or RB prospect, and you need the players.
KCCO

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   vardaski Icon

• Powder, Trout, & Whitewater Member
  • LocationHeaded to Colorado

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

Don't know if you took the deal but I'd take that deal too.

#4 User is offline   chad@ffLiveWire Icon

• 5000 post club
  • Group: Root Admin
  • LocationWHERE IS IT COLD AS FOCK

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I hope I'm not too late to the game...

Richardson is worth way more than Schaub and Blount.

You need a running back and it's way easier to find a QB. I'd trade Reggie Bush for a QB if you want to fill that need. But don't trade Richardson.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   letsgoblue Icon

• Been fishing for a while

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

No trade has been made at this point and I really appreciate the input guys, our draft wont be until july/august so I'd love to keep getting input. The thing about this current deal is that what I've been reading says that Tampa isn't exactly in love with Blount, which definitely scares me.

Honestly I was pretty set on taking a QB but the more I look at Richardson the more I'm liking him, he looks like a stud in the making. If I don't end up doing a trade (or even if I do and pick up the 9) what do you guys think of a guy like Tannehill? I honestly haven't been super high on him and I feel like him going in the top 10 in the actual draft is a huge reach for any team.

Thanks again for the input here, like I said our draft isn't for awhile so I'm not pulling the trigger on anything until we get closer to that.
QB: RGIII, Flacco, Cassel
WR: R. White, Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Royal, Braylon Edwards, Jacoby Ford, Randy Moss
RB: Cedric Benson, Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu, Bernard Scott, Deangelo Williams, Lamar Miller, Evan Royster, Vic Ballard
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Moeaki, Ed Dickson
K: Rob Bironas
Def: Philly, Dallas

non ppr, 6 points for all TDs

#6 User is offline   chad@ffLiveWire Icon

• 5000 post club
  • Group: Root Admin
  • LocationWHERE IS IT COLD AS FOCK

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

You may be able to trade Felix Jones for Matt Ryan. I love Matt Ryan for this year. He's got all the weapons - and a full offseason to work more with Julio. Most people are sleeping on him and you may be able to grab him cheap.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Rholio Icon

• Lions fan... no, it's not easy
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Now that the draft is over, I'd say hold onto pick 1.1, or get a better deal for it. Blount has lost all value, and 1.9 isn't looking any better than an early 2nd rounder.

The top of the draft is seven players deep:

RB: Richardson, Martin, Wilson

QB: Luck, RGIII

WR: Blackmon, Lloyd

If you do decide to trade back, I would make sure you stay in the top seven draft picks.
KCCO

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Edit Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users