Page 1 of 1

RFA Issues

#1 User is offline   brownhelmets Icon

• 5000 post club
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

Alright, I mentioned that there were a handful of issues that came up during RFA that needed some discussion and possible changes.

1). First I want to thank Cameron for all his help during this period. It takes quite a bit of time for this period to work right. One thing that did happen, which was an honest mistake by Cameron and my fault for not catching until too late wa bids that ended immediately if an owner didn't have the cash to cover. This was wrong as all owners should have 24 hours to match regardless of how much money they have. He are able to trade for cash, so the 24 hours should remain available for all owners despite the amount of money they have left. The rule is already in place for this, so no discussion is really necessary on this issue. I just need to make sure it is executed properly.

2). Mistakes in bidding: I would like some feedback on thoughts here. I see two options available to us. A). Once a bid is placed, it is final or B ). If an owner makes a mistake, they need to start a thread stating their mistake and contact me ASAP. They need to catch their mistake very quickly though or I will be unable to adjust it. Also if any bids are made following the mistaken bid, that mistake cannot be undone.

3). Policy on unavailable owners: I have just been playing this by ear and trying to do what is best for the league given each specific situation. Do we need something in stone for these situations? I have the luxery of knowing how everyone in the league is connected, so I don't have any issues with other owners helping their buddy out regarding RFA matches or passes. However, given that not everyone knows each other, it may be best to either post on the site that you are letting a certain owner manage your team under your direction or contact me.

4). Chris W. had a concern he expressed to me during the start of RFA. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted it our of my inbox, so I'd like him to either resend it to me or post it here.

I think I covered most of the stuff I saw or that was brought up to me. Any other issues that we need to discuss regarding RFA while it is fresh in our mind?

#2 User is offline   floods Icon

• c|_|
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

This was my PM to Cale/Cam:

Hey man, was just thinking about the rules with RFA/Franchised players and see a possible future problem. If, as an example, I have the 1.03 pick in the rookie draft, and I trade it for 1.12 and a player, I would have the advantage of being able to acquire a player while having a lower draft pick with which to bid on franchised RFAs. An owner (myself this season for example) would be less likely to bid on a franchised player since their pick is higher, but they could trade out of it and get both a player and less of a loss when bidding on franchised RFA.

Ex:
Team A Gives:
Marquis Colston

Team B Gives:

Team A then bids on **RFA-Franchised Tom Brady, QB NOS while having also acquired Colston.

Do we want to create a rule prohibiting this, or allow it?

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." -2 Tim 4:5

#3 User is offline   steelerblitz Icon

• Advanced Booty Poster!
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:59 AM

View Postfloods, on 02 May 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

This was my PM to Cale/Cam:

Hey man, was just thinking about the rules with RFA/Franchised players and see a possible future problem. If, as an example, I have the 1.03 pick in the rookie draft, and I trade it for 1.12 and a player, I would have the advantage of being able to acquire a player while having a lower draft pick with which to bid on franchised RFAs. An owner (myself this season for example) would be less likely to bid on a franchised player since their pick is higher, but they could trade out of it and get both a player and less of a loss when bidding on franchised RFA.

Ex:
Team A Gives:
Marquis Colston

Team B Gives:

Team A then bids on **RFA-Franchised Tom Brady, QB NOS while having also acquired Colston.

Do we want to create a rule prohibiting this, or allow it?

Chris, IMO, I see nothing wrong with the rule the way it is now.

1. I believe that is good strategy if you want to trade a higher pick for a lower pick + a player. Good owners will find ways to make things work.

2. It promotes more trading. Anytime you do that, it is good for a dynasty league.

Just my thoughts on that issue. I could be in the minority. If I am, I can accept that too.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Edit Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users