Change in League

#1 User is offline   rubbsy Icon

• Been fishing for a while
  • -----------------------------
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:45 AM

Hey,

There's been talk of possibly changing this from a dynasty league to a keeper. Several people have expressed interest in this (as they weren't too thrilled with the dynasty thing) and I know Rob has talked to a few of you.

There would be 3 keepers (1 offensive, 1 defensive and 1 more of your choice). In the interest of fairness, any team choosing to keep players may do so, but it WILL NOT be allowed to be a 1st Round pick from the year before, and can keep three players per year. Any players kept from previous years draft will count as the pick for the one round prior in the current draft. (ie, if Steve Smith, WR-Car. was picked in the 4th Round of the 2008 Draft, and was chosen to be the keeper, he would be the 3rd Round pick for that team in the 2009 Draft), but again NO First Round Draft Picks will be allowed to be kept. It makes it fair for new players in the league and gives teams that struggled the year before a chance to compete. A Keeper also CANNOT be someone that you dropped, added via waiver wire, traded away or traded for and must have been on your roster for the entire season. Bottom line, a keeper must have been drafted by you and not dropped or traded during the season.

The draft order would carry over from last year. Rob is going to update the league website shortly.

Looking to start the draft on August 1 with a 12 hour time limit. 35 rounds. Rob will get money after the draft starts (if he hasn't already) but before the season starts.

#2 User is offline   broncofan Icon

• Rookie

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:09 AM

is this change finalized? or is there still room for discussion, maybe a poll or something on different options...

#3 User is offline   broncofan Icon

• Rookie

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:23 AM

I dont get how we can switch away from a dynasty after just one year. Everyone knew what they were getting into last year. For the people that drafted FOR a dynasty, we basically threw our money away last year.

We should just replace the people that dont want to commit to the dynasty. What if next year people say lets change to a redraft, or scrap IDP, or change to non ppr...

Would any other owners like to chime in with their opinion?

#4 User is offline   Tough Guy Icon

• Fantasy Football Fridays on 1510 ESPN!
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

I understand what your saying completly. I also drafted my team for a dyansty league. But we have 4 guys who werent crazy about the dynasty set up because this was thier first year at it and they know that there is a slim chance they will win anything this year, plus we havent had any response from River ace or total package so thats 6 people we would have to replace which is half the league. To find people to take over dyansty teams isnt as easy as some think, and if were going to replace half the league we may as well start it over that way too. And with alot of guys saying that it would be alot easier to keep things rolling if it were a keeper. When I was talking to them the biggest thing was that they didnt like the idea of paying $50 for the team for the year and they basically have no shot at winning anything, which i understand that as well. Not only that but if we do need to find someone down the line its alot easier to find people to come to a keeper team than a dynasty team. Chris and I have talked about this almost every day over the past few months as well and between Phone calls with the 7 guys I know and sending emails this is what we came up with. I'm not sure how much response you will get here as not alot of the guys check this site out anymore.
2007 & 2009 Longest yard Champ!

#5 User is offline   Tough Guy Icon

• LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

I also forgot to say that we will restart this from scratch and there will be no keepers this season. I've also talked to a number of people about wanting to take over a team and nobody really wants to take over a IDP dyansty team but would if it were a keeper. The only changes are that the roster would be smaller because we wouldnt need the extra roster space for developing players. We may also drop the def starters to 1 DL, 2 LB, 1 DB and 1def flex option if everyone would be in favor of that.

#6 User is offline   broncofan Icon

• Rookie

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostTough Guy, on Jul 26 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

I understand what your saying completly. I also drafted my team for a dyansty league. But we have 4 guys who werent crazy about the dynasty set up because this was thier first year at it and they know that there is a slim chance they will win anything this year, plus we havent had any response from River ace or total package so thats 6 people we would have to replace which is half the league. To find people to take over dyansty teams isnt as easy as some think, and if were going to replace half the league we may as well start it over that way too. And with alot of guys saying that it would be alot easier to keep things rolling if it were a keeper. When I was talking to them the biggest thing was that they didnt like the idea of paying $50 for the team for the year and they basically have no shot at winning anything, which i understand that as well. Not only that but if we do need to find someone down the line its alot easier to find people to come to a keeper team than a dynasty team. Chris and I have talked about this almost every day over the past few months as well and between Phone calls with the 7 guys I know and sending emails this is what we came up with. I'm not sure how much response you will get here as not alot of the guys check this site out anymore.

I don't get the part about not wanting to pay 50 for a team that can't compete this year. What about the people that missed the plqyoffs last year and threw their money away? If it's tougher to get people to join an Idp why not vote to scrap that part? Or vote to ncrease the keepers to make it at least a bit fair for the people who threw away there money thinking this would be a dynasty.

#7 User is offline   Tough Guy Icon

• LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

View Postbroncofan, on Jul 26 2009, 01:21 PM, said:

View PostTough Guy, on Jul 26 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

I don't get the part about not wanting to pay 50 for a team that can't compete this year. What about the people that missed the plqyoffs last year and threw their money away? If it's tougher to get people to join an Idp why not vote to scrap that part? Or vote to ncrease the keepers to make it at least a bit fair for the people who threw away there money thinking this would be a dynasty.

Everyone I've talked to likes the IDP and the way things are set up, the big thing is that this was their first year in a dyansty and they dont care for it. Every year there are teams that pay for a league and miss the playoffs and basically throw their money away. Their point was they are going to pay $50 this season knowing going into it that they dont have much of a chance to win anything. I'm not opposed to keeping more players so we could talk about that. I just dont see a way that this league will survive as a dyansty league because we would have to replace half the league. The only way that this league will keep going on is if we start over and go to a keeper. Hawkeyes said he is not coming back and Jiffs brother said he would take that team so we are just waiting on river ace, total package and yourself to let us know. The only changes that would be happening is that it would go to a keeper and the roster would go to 40 instead of 45.

Page 1 of 1

Edit Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users